Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy Weekend!

Today has been a great day except for the cold and rainy weather. Brrr! We took Mom to the Church Mouse Bazaar this morning and she enjoyed herself even in the cold. The bazaar had a few booths of handmade goods people have made to sell and we always enjoy looking at them all and getting ideas for our own craftiness or for my Grandma who is very creative with knitting, crocheting, and plastic canvas. I have been thinking of getting back in touch with my creative side. I use to love to scrap book, make things for Christmas gifts and of course making my Christmas cards. So much has happened in the last four years but things seem to be getting for us so maybe soon I can actually slow down and do some of this. The bazaar also has a yard sale that Mom and me love to rummage through. Jeff scored a computer for $20 that he is busy upgrading and will resale on craigslist. Amber of course got some new books to read. Mom and I got lots of goodies. I picked up a few candles, a purse, wreath that I will spray paint for Amber's halloween party, and some odds and ends. Mom bought some sewing kits, a basket, odds and ends and her best find a cooker for $7. It is like a rotissere but is flat for you to lay the meat or veggies on. I can't wait to try it out.
Now we are trying to warm back up and I am cleaning house. Later on I will work on some school work as I have quite a bit to turn in tomorrow. And next week is finals for these two courses. I can't believe I am so close to graduation...only three courses to go! And that includes my practicum that I will do at my job. I plan on continuing my education and going to Medical College of Georgia (online of course) for my bachelors in Health Information Administration. So wish me luck that I have all my core classes completed for entry as a junior at their college. I am quite nervous.
Well I have missed blogging as like most of my friends myspace and facebook have taken over alot of my time. But I have been reading everyone's blogs and hopefully I can keep up with mine better. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Stay warm! xxx

1 comment:

foodiechickie said...

I think the crafting is a great idea. Keep your mind busy on fun stuff as well.