Monday, October 20, 2008

The weekend's over

It's funny to me how time flies when you are having fun and staying busy. Here is a recap of our weekend.

Saturday - Mom, Amber and I all went shopping ALL day long. We went to the Church Bazaar early in the morning and we go each year together. I got a few Halloween decorations. I found a skeleton garland, I thought it was too cool. It now hangs in my doorway from the kitchen to the living room. Mom got alot of books (as usual) and Amber also found some books too. Then we went to the Salvation Army in search of a floor lamp for Mom. We didn't have any luck with finding a lamp there but Amber found a few small toys to play with her Barbies. Yes Amber does still play with her Barbies. :) We ate at Krystal's for lunch which was good. Then our last stop was a Vintage Fleamarket. I could go nuts in this place as they have over 180 booths with all kinds of old stuff, candles, handmade goods and more. I was good though. Mom found a floor lamp in good condition for only $8! I can't believe it. She really enjoyed her day with us even though she did have a few episodes of not being able to breathe too good (she has COPD). But all in all it was a very fun day for us girls. My poor hunny, Jeff had to open/close so he was at the store for 16 hours. He was beat when he came home at 2am. Amber and I watched "Fingerprints". Let me just say that wasn't a good movie at all. I was disspointed. I wanted to see a good horror flick and this was just bad.

Sunday- I spend most of the day working on my lab assignment for Data applications and tried my best on my Algebra pretest's, finally making a 85!I have three more tests to take and that includes the final to have done by this Thurs. Also my Data applications final is due by Thursday. I should do well on the Data App. final, I usually do good in all my computer courses. :) I cleaned up a bit and also did mounds of laundry. I can't believe how much laundry I did. We ate supper at our favorite chinese resturant. And boy have I missed eating there but I doubt we will eat there again soon. For a while we ate there twice a week, and we got burned out on it. So now we just eat there maybe once every few weeks. Which is also better on our budget. :)

Well that is about all I did for the weekend, I kept pretty busy. Today I am off from work, and I will start back working on my Alegbra soon. Wish me luck. After I pass this class I have only more semester of this three part Algebra class. I just was never good at Math. Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

Eddie said...

Good Luck Amber! I am glad your mom, daughter and you could all enjoy a girls day out sounds like fun!